Re: Pixmaps, I'm stupid

On 2001.12.13 11:47 Lewin A.R.W. Edwards wrote:
So I looked a little deeper, and of course 1.x DOES have pixmaps. But how

can I get into that opaque data structure? What's actually in there?

Of course I can draw an RGB buffer into a pixmap, then copy the pixmap
onto
the screen, but I want to eliminate that step and render my content
directly into the pixmap.

It depends on what you want drawn.

All you really need is a GdkGC, GdkPixmap, and a GtkDrawingArea
widget. Once you have all of the above then you can draw all
the lines, rectangles, and image data you want.

Can you elaborate on what you want to draw in detail?

--
Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--