Re: newbie question

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:15:41 +0200, christophe barbé said:

I would like to attach a function to a click on a gtk pixmap or a gtk vbox.
 I've tried various code and finally my conclusion is that it's impossible.
 This seem's to be because these widgets don't own a (X) window. In my
 (limited) understanding these are drawn directly on there parent window.

What I would do is create a push button (since it already has
a GdkWindow and can recieve the "clicked" signal) then create
a vbox and put it into the button (since the button is a container).

Then put the GtkPixmap into the vbox. Why is a vbox there? its to
align things properly. Also use gtk_widget_set_usize() on the
button so you don't get wierd sized buttons (users hate that).

Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--
.__                          ,_JNMNNEO=_                 /|\
OMNOUMmnne.                  {OMMNNNEEEEOO=_
UOOOBIOOOEOMMn.               'LONMMMMNNEEEOOO=.__..,,..
UUOOEUUOOOOOOOObe              '"=OMMMMWNEEEOOOOO,"=OEEEOO=,._
OOUUUIEEIOONNOIUbe.                "7OMMMMNNNNNWWEEEEOOOOOO"   "'.
EEBNNMMMNWNWWEEIMMNe.             __  7EMMMNNNNNWWWEEEEEEEOO.     " .
NNMMMMWWWMMMWEINMMMNn            "=BBEEEEMMMMMMMMNNNWWWEEOOOOO=._     .
                  http://furry.ao.net/~learfox/