Re: newbie question

Am Donnerstag, den 30. August 2001 13:15:41 schrieb christophe barbé:
I would like to attach a function to a click on a gtk pixmap or a
gtk vbox.  I've tried various code and finally my conclusion is that
it's impossible.  This seem's to be because these widgets don't own
a (X) window. In my (limited) understanding these are drawn directly
on there parent window.

Oha. Could someone please explain why they don't have a window? I just
derived a widget from gtkwidget and was pleased to see the have a
window, but I also noticed code in gtkimage to cope without its own
window. If a widget is derived (directly or undirectly) from gtkwidget
when does it have a window?

        MfG
        bmg

--
"Des is völlig wurscht, was heut beschlos- | M G Berberich
 sen wird: I bin sowieso dagegn!"          | berberic fmi uni-passau de