Re: radio buttons

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 02:11:03PM +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
Chris Elston wrote:
The value that the radio buttons are supposed to represent is optional but
if selected has one of three values.  Therefore, I'd like to begin the
list unchecked so that the user can opt not to check any.

In this case, from a usability point of view, a fourth radio button that
indicated "none of the above" is probably a better solution.  As well as
just looking odd, groups where "none selected" is a valid state offer
the user no obvious way to get back to that state after they've selected
one of the buttons.

i think clicking the currently toggled radio button is fairly obvious.

They also potentially interfere with keyboard navigation, since when

This can be solved, just like we have keyboard nav for all other widgets.
Engineering problems have engineering solutions.  Don't be trapped
by the status quo.

Enjoy, i don't really care.  ;-)

--
Get self-realization at <http://sahajayoga.org> ... <http://why-compete.org> ?