Re: radio buttons

The value that the radio buttons are supposed to represent is optional but
if selected has one of three values.  Therefore, I'd like to begin the
list unchecked so that the user can opt not to check any.

There is a simple way to implement this. Just create
4 radio buttons (instead of 3), and just don't show
the first one. This way, the first button will be
the selected one but because it is hidden, what the user
sees are 3 unselected buttons. As soon as she/he selects
one the 3 visible buttons, they just act as normal
radio buttons. Of course there is no way to go back
to the initial situation, because the user cannot click
on the hidden button.

In the callbacks, you just have to check
whether the selected button is the first one, the initial
situation or one of the other three buttons. Just
checked this myself on my code and it works fine!

Carlos