Re: window sizing

Angelo Jerod Keresztes <kereszte egr msu edu> writes:
Im trying to control the size of 2-widgets that are packed inside a
GtkHbox.

the 2-GtkWidgets that are packed into the hbox are both scrolled windows.
one of the the scrolled windows contains pixmap images and the other
contains a drawing area.

right now, they both take up the same amount of space in my gtk window
(one on the left side, and one on the right side). What I need is for one
GtkWidget(the one with the pixmaps) to be locked at acertain width (like
100pixels wide) and the height must be the height of the gtk window
itself.  The other GtkWidget needs to take up the rest of the
gtk window's width, and it's height must also be the height of the gtk
window.

Sure, you just set the width of the fixed widget with
gtk_widget_set_usize(), then pack it in the box with expand/fill set
to FALSE (both params of pack_start() should be FALSE).

Pack the other widget with TRUE for expand/fill, and it will take up
the extra space.

Havoc