Q: creating of the gtk module

Hi,

I need write the gtk module for my application.

I developing an application which uses some thirty-party library
without source code. This library controls ccd camera over
parallel port and needs by running as setuid. The gtk 1.0
works fine, but gtk do not run after upgrade to 1.2 version
because it not supports setuid processes. Ok. I will be rewrite my
application to module, but my problem is WHAT?

The api documentation describes USING modules, but one do not
describe MAKING of some module. Is module only simple
object file?  Is there some another application which uses
gtk modules?

Thanks for any suggestion

F. Hroch