Re: [pygtk] Setting an RC style to a widget from libglade

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Steve McClure wrote:

My apologies, I misunderstood your original post and thought you
calling rc_parse before GladeXML.  I wasn't able to get it to work
either although the presence of the rc_reparse_all function implies
that it could work.

I think it could too. I've tracked my problem down (well, Johann did, but
anyway... :) to using:

widget "*GtkStatusbar*" style "status_notify"

instead of

widget_class "*GtkStatusbar*" style "status_notify"

Now this has stumped me - why should widget_class _work_ and widget alone
not? Is there something I'm missing? Is widget the actual _name_ of the
widget I set in the glade file?

Yes it is.  If you create a widget and don't set a name for it, then the
name used for matching "widget" styles is just the class name.  However
glade/libglade names every widget.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au