Re: Interface freeze during long operations...

Two problems here : first, you should sometimes flush events with
something like :

  while(gtk_events_pending())
     gtk_main_iteration();

in your loop. Secundo - and there is no tidy solution - scanning uses
hardware IRQ, which one prepends on all other interrupts. A non-maskable
interrupt is mainly used in this case, but I don't think GTK does the
job...

FB

Hi all, I'm writing a GTK interface to a portscanner I've developed and,
well I'm stuck with the following problem:

basically I have a button that if pressed executes a function
that start the portscanning loop, and well during this loop
the GTK window just get frozen untill the loop is finished.

I've even tried to put the scan loop in a thread using pthreads
but it's the same story.

Can somebody just give me any tip on how generally this
kind of things are handled in a GTK program ?

Thank you in advance.