Re: Interface freeze during long operations...

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 20:30:31 +0200, G.Gabriele said:

Hi all, I'm writing a GTK interface to a portscanner I've developed and,
 well I'm stuck with the following problem:

 basically I have a button that if pressed executes a function
 that start the portscanning loop, and well during this loop
 the GTK window just get frozen untill the loop is finished.

 I've even tried to put the scan loop in a thread using pthreads
 but it's the same story.

Have you tried using timeout callbacks instead?  You can have your
button register a timeout callback when pressed (remember to
record the timeout id) and remove the timeout when the button is
pressed the even number of times?

Look at gtk_timeout_add().

Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--
.__                          ,_JNMNNEO=_                 /|\
OMNOUMmnne.                  {OMMNNNEEEEOO=_
UOOOBIOOOEOMMn.               'LONMMMMNNEEEOOO=.__..,,..
UUOOEUUOOOOOOOObe              '"=OMMMMWNEEEOOOOO,"=OEEEOO=,._
OOUUUIEEIOONNOIUbe.                "7OMMMMNNNNNWWEEEEOOOOOO"   "'.
EEBNNMMMNWNWWEEIMMNe.             __  7EMMMNNNNNWWWEEEEEEEOO.     " .
NNMMMMWWWMMMWEINMMMNn            "=BBEEEEMMMMMMMMNNNWWWEEOOOOO=._     .
                  http://furry.ao.net/~learfox/