Re: GDK bug

Are you connecting to configure_event on a toplevel window or a
drawing area?

When you move the toplevel, the position of the child widgets is
considered unchanged (because they are positioned relative to the
toplevel).

For me, moving the toplevel sends configure_event for the toplevel.

Your guess is right, I connect configure_event, expose_event,
(and motion_notify_event and button_press_event for that matter)
directly to the gl_area (drawing_area), which explains the difference.

It also explains why xev gives a ConfigureNotify event.

Connecting to the gl_area directly has advantages,
in my opinion, as this case shows, are there any
reasons to think otherwise?

Carlos