Re: threads and Sockets

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 11:10:09PM +0200, G Hasse wrote:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Erik Mouw wrote:
No, I used them under Linux and IRIX. No real problems. Possible that
FreeBSD has broken pthreads support, but that's IMHO not a reason to
discourage the use of pthreads. More a reason to fix the pthreads
support in FreeBSD, actually :)

Yes - pleas do that. ;-)
(And in the same time fix SMP - that is *realy* needed...)

Sorry, I'm currently paid to hack Linux. It took me a couple of months
to find my way through the kernel source (and I'm still learning
things), so I'd rather not want to learn yet another kernel :)

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J A K Mouw its tudelft nl