Re: Problem with precision on GtkAdjustment

"David O'Toole" <dto gnu org> writes:
I would like to suggest a change in the documentation for this function.
At the moment it's just "Sets the number of decimal places that are
displayed in the value." which gives no indication that it actually
alters how the value can be changed and relates more to the precision of
the stored value than to the user interface.

I added a note to the docs on my local drive, will get checked in
sooner or later.

The rationale here is that if the user only sees a certain precision,
the number they see should go in the adjustment. But it may well be
dumb, GtkRange is one of the oldest widgets in GTK, and as you
probably saw from the source code, has some interesting
idiosyncracies.

Havoc