get size of widget before first draw

Hi.
I have to know how big a widget will be before it is drawn the first time. I need this to set its position to
the middle of the screen. If I ask for its size after creating it, i get some 20x22 size. If I check its size
after the first draw event, I get a reasonable size. Is there any way to get this before it's drawn, so I can
set its position without the user being able to see the movement of the widget?

Thank for your time and help

Rolf Schaeuble
Alles unter einem Dach: Informationen, Fun, E-Mails. Bei WEB.DE: http://web.de
Die große Welt der Kommunikation: E-Mail, Fax, SMS, WAP: http://freemail.web.de