automake *_OBJECTS should not be defined

this doesn't have so much to do with GTK or Gnome,
but it does with GNU programming...

I got a little problem with automake,
I was making a test case, to see how autoconf and automake work
to set it up in my project, because I've been doing without so far...
and I have a problem...

When I run automake it sais:
src/server/Makefile.am: quest_server_OBJECTS should not be defined
src/client/Makefile.am: quest_client_OBJECTS should not be defined

and I can't do a "make dist" because of this...
I don't know what this error is about, because I don't define
quest_server_OBJECTS anywhere... I know that _OBJECTS get generated
from my Makefile.am's by automake, but I don't understand the error...

could someone with more experience at automake please help me?

a tarball of the problem can be found at
http://www.xs4all.nl/~wrvh/quest-test.tgz

thanks in advance,

Willem

--