Re: Pixmaps

On 11 Apr 2001 12:59:47 -0600, Enrique Esteban Quesada Salguero wrote:

Help with insert pixmaps in a window.......

http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/sec-pixmaps.html
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gtk/gtkpixmap.html

must contain enough info. One nice hint : Install a cheap computer for
the documentation and put the screen beside that of your other box. a
486/66, 16 MB, 14" 640x480, 250 MB hdd must be enough if you run the wm
and the browser over a network on the big box. Works really comfortable
to have a separate screen for the documentation instead of pushing
everything on one screen or continuously switching between desktops. And
read the tutorial with the examples (type them over instead of
copy/paste), and play with the newly-learned functions, with the API
reference handy. I think this is one of the best (maybe not the fastest)
ways to learn gtk+ and become familiar with the documentation and
stuff.....

btw does anyone know if the gtk+ tutorial that's on www.gtk.org is
dowloadable as tarball? coz it's quite annoying to depend on an
unreliable ISP to spend a day learning gtk+, and I can imagine that many
people pay telephone-costs to be online...

Bart