events, images

hi,

I have a couple of questions, which hopefully someone can help with.  Is
there a specific event issued when the theme is switched?  I have a
GtkDrawingArea in which I have set a background pixmap with
gdk_window_set_back_pixmap(), If I switch themes this pixmap seems to
have been cleared or destroyed, and I would like to catch the event and
reset it if possible.

The other question is about images.  Does anyone have any suggestions on
how to deal with large images.  It is not unusual for us to have to deal
with high resolution tiff images which are 100Meg or more.

Thanks
Steve
Steve Ramsay                                CARIS
Development Manager                         264 Rookwood Ave
Spatial Components Division                 Fredericton,NB E3B-2M2
http://www.spatialcomponents.com            Phone: 506-458-8533
mailto:ramsay spatialcomponents com         Fax: 506 459 3849