Re: Shrinking entry boxes?

Try gtk_widget_set_usize(combo,x,y);

Maher

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:36:43 -0700 (PDT), James K. Wiggs said:

  Good day, Folks;

    I'm busy building input GUIs for an application I'm working on,
 and I'm using a lot of GtkComboBox widgets for text and numerical
 inputs.  I've been building the base code using Glade and then
 modifying it to use some of my internal functions to create/edit
 the contents of the combolists.  My question is this: how do I
 force these boxes to shrink down to a reasonable size?  Even if I
 set the parameters in Glade for expand and fill to false, they
 end up being anywhere from 2 to 5 times as large as they need to
 be for the input values they contain.  A combo box with an input
 list whose longest value is perhaps 6-7 characters will end up
 large enough to hold over 20 characters.  Combo boxes that contain
 only integer values ranging up to 200 or so will *still* be about
 20 characters wide, even though only 3-4 are needed.  Is there
 some way to manually force these things to only be N characters or
 perhaps N pixels wide?  Or does GTK+'s internal size allocations
 code preclude this, short of using a Layout widget?

    Many thanks for any suggestions.

 best,
 Jim Wiggs
 wiggs wiggs org