different themes - breaks pixmaps...

I've a window with a pixmap in the background, with several event-boxes,
each with a pixmap I add to upon
program run. Is seems that for different themes I get different results.
With some themes (mostly those with dark background color) the pixmaps
look good, in that their surroundings are transparent as I desire (they
should look like buttons), when I switch to themes with clear-light
background, e.g. "basic",  I suddenly see the buttons within a
rectangular, which is of the color of the background.

How do I fix this?

Also, it seems whenever I change theme, the background pixmap has to be
re-drawn, otherwise, whenever my window is covered and re-exposed (after
theme change) the re-exposed parts of my window are erased (that is - the
background image in these parts).

| Ze'ev Maor                   | "We all have a little Daemon inside...      |
| zeevm siglab technion ac il  |  ...Craving to come out and become a kernel"|