Re: internacionalization in gtk (souce of information/examples?)

Actually you have to encode your text to the UTF-8 charset to be able
to display strings with GTK+/Win32. When you look at the source code
for gimp, that is what is done for the po files (with the gconv
command).

The same problem happened with me for French until recently (until I
downloaded the gimp/win32 source code...).

Wolfgang

I suppouse this is a bidirectional isuue:

1st- When reading a file into the gtktext, the file string(s) should
be translated to utf8 before being feeded to the gtkwidget.

2nd- When writing the contents of the gtktext (a(n) string(s)) to a
file,
it shoud be translated back to the original encoding of the OS.

Am I right?.

What about the default encodings within the OS?
-----
A concise question:

Asume that I start typing in a gtk widget in win32, and that I write the
gtktext string containin the text in a file.
Can this new file  be readed without translation in gtktext? (thougt it
should be a UTF8 encoded file.)

-----
Could you point me to some particular code fragment? (file of gimp for
win32: look for....(I supouse gimp code is too big for me to look
within...))

Which library (version), are the translating funtions?. (glib 1.2? 1.3?)

Are they documented somewhere? (glib reference doc ver 1.2? (does 1.3
ref doc exists?))

---

Thanks a lot (I think, you've driven me the right way)

--
Javier Ros Ganuza.
Dpto. Ingeniería Mecánica.