Re: menus ....

    Jim> 1) How do I keep track of where I am in the menu structure ?  I know
    Jim> how to get the current menu, but not its parent.

Breaking menu creation into separate functions per (sub)menu helps.

    Jim> 2) If you have a reoccuring sub menu, do I have to rebuild it for
    Jim> each instance, or is there an easy way to write a function to call
    Jim> over again ?

In general, widgets cannot be "reused" without reparenting them.  It is easier
to create one for every instance.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab            Cinema, radio, television, magazines are a
New Mexico State University       school of inattention: people look without
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL             seeing, listen without hearing.
Las Cruces, NM  88003                            -- Robert Bresson