Re: Icon set in Gtk+???

Carlos Pereira <carlos pehoe civil ist utl pt> writes:

Lots of people use gtk without using gnome.

Regarding the file selector, you can hide the create, rename and
delete buttons and see if you like, that's what I do myself.
You can also add your own pixmaps to the buttons of the File
Selector. The File Selector has problems, sure, but lack of
decorations is not one of them, in my opinion.

You can only do this if you make your own application. My purpose was to modify
the standard file selector to use it in ALL gtk applications automatically. If
gtk has to be as light as possible why there isn't a gnome file selector for
gnome applications (on top of the gtk file selector). If you look at all these
applications the file selector didn't respect the general look and feel of gnome
applications (no icons on OK and SELECT button!).

Carlos