Parsing throught text entry

    Hi all,

I have a text entry field connected with a "changed"signals. The purpose
of this field is for the user to enter a file name. The filenames
entered here are always the same length but I need to extract certain
parts of the file name to build an index ID, for example

file name is 1350235E123A.ascii

after the name has been entered I need to extract the strings 023 and
123 from the name.  The file name is being set in a gchar pointer called
ascii_file_name. Is there a way to "parse" the pointer to extract the
desired digits and place them into a new text entry?

Thanks

--
Marco Quezada
Aerospaceo Engineero