Re: What means "assertion widget->parent == NULL' failed" ?

Herbert Haas wrote:

Since I am relatively new to gtk, I do not really understand the
class-hierarchy if gtk. I have some experiences in C++ but I do not
fully understand the concepts of the gtk widget tree.

My question is: Can you give me an URL / RTFM-Hint or something else to get
more familiar with gtk. Or is the turorial and the refernce pages the only
source of information?

The GTK+ object system does a nice job of implementing some OO concepts in C that C++ programmers take for granted, including inheritance. Havoc Pennington's book covers it all in detail: http://developer.gnome.org/doc/GGAD

There are a handful items in the widget hierarchy that I feel don't belong where they are - if GtkCombo, GtkFontSelection, et al are the source of your confusion, you're not alone :)

Regards,
Timothy M. Shead
tshead k-3d com