Re: GtkCTree vs GtkTree?

learfox furry ao net writes:

You can try looking at any of my program's source's ...
http://www.muhri.net

According to Havoc, there is a new tree widget coming
with Gtk2.0, so if we change from GtkTree to GtkCTree,
then we will have to change again... I am wondering if
it is better to wait and change only once?

*How* different (implmentation wise) do you think it'll be?

Depends how heavily you are using the GtkCTree.

To be more specific, the new implementation is MVC based.  As a result,
some uses of the GtkCTree (such as just setting up a list of data, and
forgetting about it) are very similar, and thus straightforward to port
over.  On the other hand, if you are trying to keep multiple trees in
sync (or the tree in sync with other data), or you are reading the data
back from the tree frequently, you will find the new widget a lot easier
to use.  However, you will probably need to restructure your code to
take advantage of this.

Hope this helps,
-Jonathan