size of a box

Hi,

I'm a new beginer in gtk and I would like to specify the size of a box :

First I creat a TOP_LEVEL_WINDOW and then I creat a new_vbox.
Is there a way to limit the size of the box.

To properly understand the philosophy of gtk could you explain me to
divide a main window into several parts.

Also what is the correct widget to display real time images

regards

Fred Cazenave

|               Frederic CAZENAVE                          |
|    _/\_  /^=  McGill Radar                               |
| \_/    \//    Box 198, MacDonald College                 |
|   | /-\ |     Ste Anne de Bellevue                       |
|   ||   ||     Quebec, Canada   H9X 3V9                   |
|               Tel (514) 398 7733 fax (514) 398 7755      |
|               mailto:Frederic Cazenave hmg inpg fr       |
|               http://www.mpl.orstom.fr/hydrologie/catch/ |