Re: Button 3 and clicked signal...

-

use the 'button_press_event' or 'button_release_event'?

"button-press-event"
            gboolean user_function      (GtkWidget *widget,
                                            GdkEventButton *event,
                                            gpointer user_data);
"button-release-event"
            gboolean user_function      (GtkWidget *widget,
                                            GdkEventButton *event,
                                            gpointer user_data);

then just use event->type, which will be GDK_BUTTON_PRESS | GDK_2BUTTON_PRESS |
GDK_3BUTTON_PRESS | GDK_BUTTON_RELEASE

then you can just do whatever is appropriate for which ever button was pressed

[Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:29:17 -0700 (PDT)] <James K. Wiggs>

  Folks,

    I'm trying to set up buttons to behave differently depending upon
 which mouse button was pressed; if button 1 is pressed, the current
 contents of the window are replaced, and if button 3 is pressed, a new
 window is created with the desired contents.  I have attached a callback
 to the clicked signal, and inside the callback, I grab the button event
 with gtk_get_current_event().  From this, I determine which button
 was pressed, then free the event with gdk_event_free().  The problem
 is that clicking with button 3 (i.e. the right mouse button) does not
 seem to generate a "clicked" signal.  What's up?  Do I have to do
 some extra work to cause a right mouse click to generate a signal?

 thanks,
 Jim Wiggs
 wiggs wiggs net

--