Button 3 and clicked signal...

 Folks,

   I'm trying to set up buttons to behave differently depending upon
which mouse button was pressed; if button 1 is pressed, the current
contents of the window are replaced, and if button 3 is pressed, a new
window is created with the desired contents.  I have attached a callback
to the clicked signal, and inside the callback, I grab the button event
with gtk_get_current_event().  From this, I determine which button
was pressed, then free the event with gdk_event_free().  The problem
is that clicking with button 3 (i.e. the right mouse button) does not
seem to generate a "clicked" signal.  What's up?  Do I have to do
some extra work to cause a right mouse click to generate a signal?

thanks,
Jim Wiggs
wiggs wiggs net