Bug in widget tree ??

Hello,
I've tried to make an application with a tree widget for a file
selection in order to choose files (#4000) for plotting. When I display
my tree I just have signus - and a little part of the the tree ; The
scrollbar is  then fixed.
-Project1
            -

            -
+Project2
+Project3

I think it's perhaps  my program. I'try with gfv (I'got it on gnome.org)
=>the same
I've try with Odin's program from his book programming with gtk+ idem.
Is it a report bug.
Thank for an answer or a correction on the little program join.
L.Glastre