Re: gtk-app-devel-list digest, Vol 1 #197 - 13 msgs

I'm very new to programming in C/C++ - but I just wanted to try
playing around with gdk-pixbuf.
Sorry if this question is unrelated to the mailing list.

That's ok; this is a legitimate question.

When I compile my source, I get:
$ g++ main.cpp

The only problem is that the Gtk+ headers are not standard; you somehow
neet to tell g++ how to find the header files.  However, much of this work
is already taken care for you: there's a program called 'gtk-config' which
sets up the paths of gtk specific stuff.  So:

    g++ main.cpp `gtk-config --cflags`

should do the trick.  The backticks are intentional: we want the result of
gtk-config to replace whatever's between the backticks.

Good luck!