GtkCLists: Swapping columns and popup menus

 Folks,

   I've been looking through the archived mailing lists for answers to
these questions, and haven't found one yet; so I'll go ahead and put the
questions to the group:

   1. I would like to make it possible for the user to click-and-drag a
     column in a CList, making it simple to rearrange the columns.  There
     is a function for swapping rows (which is obviously simple since each
     row is itself a discrete object), but none for swapping columns.  It
     seems that I will likely have to write a routine that loops through
     the rows and swaps the contents row-by-row, as well as swapping the
     title widgets.  The question is, how do I determine which row is to
     be swapped with which?  Is there some sort of routine available that
     will handle most of the grunt work for me?  Just something that will
     keep track of the beginning of the drag-and-drop and tell me which
     column I should be moving, and to where...

   2. Somewhat related question: if I attach a popup menu to a CList, is
     there a way to determine the specific *row* that was clicked on at
     the time that the popup menu was raised?  I have functions, called
     from the popup menuitems, which need to know which specific column
     was under the pointer when the popup was raised.

many thanks,
Jim Wiggs
wiggs wiggs net