Legalites ....

G'Day !

This may not be the best mailing list to post this question, but ....

When/if I modify someone else's code for inclusion in my program, how should I
preserve the copyright and acknowledge the author ?

In the past I have attached my copyright below the original authors , added a
note saying it was heavily modified then commenting out what I do not want to
use.

Is this the proper way to do it ?

cheers,
Jim Parker

Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more important
than that !!!