Potential gtk combo box bug?

Hi, I have two questions about the gtk combo box's behavour.

   First is a behavour I noticed with gtk_combo_set_popdown_strings().  If
the given list is empty (ie if I wanted to clear the combo box list of any
items in there) it prints an error during run time saying that the glist
is NULL (obviously).

   The second question revolves around the activate signal sent to the
entry widget within it. When I press enter during run time, it sends an
activate signal but also pops up the combo box's list.

Is it suppose to do that? How would I supress the combo box's list from
poping up when enter is pressed?

--
Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--