Which signal just before a window is hidden?

Hi,

is there a signal that I could connect to to be notified
just before a GtkWindow is hidden? I have been using "hide"
but within the signal func the window is already hidden.

Problem: I want to save window size and position and if I
use

  gdk_window_get_root_origin (window->window, &x, &y);

after the window is already hidden (unrealized?) I am getting
a Gdk-ERROR about a BadDrawable.

"unmap" has the same problem, "unrealize" does not fire...
(BTW, what is the difference between map and realize?)

Anyone?

Regards,
WL