From:         Havoc Pennington[SMTP:hp redhat com]
Sent:         Thursday, October 05, 2000 12:25 AM
To:   Chris Ellec
Cc:   gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject:      Re: gtk_text_insert

Chris Ellec <cellec elecsysinc com> writes:
Ok, so how do I check to make sure I don't run out of memory ?  Can
I then reset the gtk_text box ?

You can't check that in any sane way. GtkText has no hardcoded limit;
it just depends on the computer.

But even if you have 200 megs to play with, do you really want to fill
up 200 megs of old error messages?

Maybe just clear the text box every 10 messages or something.

Havoc