Re: 2nd post: doubleclick lets X freeze

Tim Betts wrote:

Don't know if this helps or not, but using a button_release_event instead of a button_press_event might
make a difference. I have noticed that unless event pairs like this are allowed to happen, you sometimes
get very strange focus behavior and even unexplained lockups.

I don't know if this is happening or not, but perhaps when you start the 2nd GMainLoop in your modal dialog
the button_release_event is not able to pair up with the button_press_event and causes the lockup.

Of course a "clicked" event would by definition be should have already allowed the button_release_event and
therefore the pairing the have taken place correctly.

Exactly what I figured too. Unfortunately I don't seem to get a

  (event->type == GDK_2BUTTON_PRESS)

if I use button_release_event instead of button_press_event. No double click signaled,
no modal dialog shown, no problem (but also no feature).

I have tried even

  while (gtk_events_pending ())
    gtk_main_iteration ();

just before the dialog is shown but it does not help either.

:(

WL