Re: GUI very slow when sleep() called...

You could replace it with a function that sleeps and calls gtk refreshes ...

I don't remember the function calls off-hand, but, in pseudo-code

my_sleep(long int milliseconds)
{
    end_time = now() + milliseconds;
    do {
        if (gtk_msgs_waiting) gtk_msgs_do();
        now_time = now();
    } loop until (now_time >= end_time);
}

Sorry ... just rushed that out ... 1052 E-mails to go.

In an app I'm writing I have to put a usleep(100000) call in my
code. However when I do this my gui becomes very slow and unresponsive -
understandibly since I'm doing it in the gtk_main loop...

Is there a way to sleep but refresh the gui at the same time?