2nd post: doubleclick lets X freeze

Hi,

this is my second post about that topic (see "Help: after clist
doubleclick all X windows are locked" for further details).

I have no idea what to do or to start with...

In the signal function of a button_press_event I show a window modally
(with its own GMainLoop) and everything freezes. No windows can be
moved or closed anymore, the buttons in that modal window do not work,
the other applications (xterm etc) do not work anymore.

An explicit kill from another terminal is needed.

If that same dialog is shown in the clicked signal function of a GtkButton
everything is as it should be.

Any insights?

Regards,
WL