Re: Emitting signals

"Dugas, Alan" <alan dugas analog com> writes:
Is there a way to emit a signal globally to all windows or all
widgets regardless of what window they are in?  What I have are
several graphics windows that need to be updated every time a new
piece of data is gathered.  I would like to be able to send a
signal, say "expose", to all of the graphics windows without having
to individually store each of them in an array somewhere.

The answer is pretty much no; you have to keep a list.

Then sythesize an expose and send it with gtk_widget_event(), the
default implementaiton of the draw method on GtkWidget (in
gtk/gtkwidget.c) has an example.

Havoc