debugging gtk+ apps

Hi,

I've just recently developed my first gtk+ application.  It's a gnome
applet called glunarclock.  I developed it on a debian box running the
latest helix gnome and it works perfectly there, however, it crashes on
users (when they change the settings in the properties box) who build
the code on red hat 6.2 boxes also running the latest helix gnome with
the following error:

Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

How can I find out what this error message means?

Thanks for anybody's help!

--josh

P.S.  The source for the applet is at sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/glunarclock

--
"I'll rob that rich person and give his gold to some poor undeserving
slob.  That will *prove* I'm Robin Hood."