Re: How to create a dialog window from a thread?

On 14 Nov 2000, Havoc Pennington wrote:

"Michael Loft" <michael loft dk> writes:
I'm writing a communications application, where I have a thread
listening to the serial port. When data arrives, I want the thread to

Why use a thread?
Have you tried to use?

  gdk_input_add( fd, GDK_INPUT_READ, GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(file_function),
                 &cmdinfo );

When there is data on the fd "file_function" will be called. This could
work if you don't get to much data.

What kind of data comes over the port? Lots or little?

G Hasse

Göran Hasse            email: gh raditex se     Tel: 08-6949270
Raditex AB             http://www.raditex.se    Fax: 08-6949280
Sickla Alle 7, 1tr                              Mob: 070-5530148
131 34  NACKA, SWEDEN