Re: drawing in a not yet shown drawingarea

I can't. There is a separate thread that collects information from
different hosts, which draws on the drawingarea. It should not care if
the drawingarea is drawn or not, it just draws at every minute. And when
the user clicks on a button,
it should find the drawingarea as it was painted during the last update.

Doing what you tell would mean that i should remember all that needs to
be painted and do it on realize, which is too ugly. I would prefer to
find out what needs that drawingarea in order to allow painting. The
point is that i am sure this can be done, as after a hide() the drawing
area still can be painted. So why should it not be painted while is
hidden BEFORE the first show? It would be great if i could put the
drawingarea into hidden state without showing it first.