Re: Newbie desperated!

I've seen this error happen if you have several versions of glib installed on
your system.
You could try to find where is the "glibconfig.h" file on your system ( could
be under /usr/include/glib12 ), then help your compiler by telling it where to
find it, using something like

gcc test.c -o test `gtk-config --cflags --libs` -I/usr/include/glib12

Good luck,
Henri

Nicolas Raitman wrote:

Hi to all! I am new to this amazing world of GTK+. I tell you (just to
introduce myself) that I have a good experience on Linux C Programming and
when I saw the Graphical Interfaces that could be done with GTK I did not
hestitate in learning this technology. To start with, I have a problem
compiling, which I hope you can help me. I am using Red Hat 7.0 and when I
try to compile I get the following message, but no executable file is made:

gcc test.1 -o test 'gtk-config -cflags'

gcc: gtk-config -cflags: No existe el fichero o el directorio
In file included from /usr/include/gdk/gdktypes.h:33,
                 from /usr/include/gdk/gdk.h:31,
                 from /usr/include/gtk/gtk.h:31,
                 from test.c:1:
/usr/include/glib.h:66:24: glibconfig.h: No existe el fichero o el
directorio

Please help!! What am I doing wrong? I tried executing only
gtk-config --cflags and I get the correct output, as well as with
gtk-config --libs, what is wrong??

Thanks a lot,
Nicolas