Newbie desperated!

Hi to all! I am new to this amazing world of GTK+. I tell you (just to
introduce myself) that I have a good experience on Linux C Programming and
when I saw the Graphical Interfaces that could be done with GTK I did not
hestitate in learning this technology. To start with, I have a problem
compiling, which I hope you can help me. I am using Red Hat 7.0 and when I
try to compile I get the following message, but no executable file is made:

gcc test.1 -o test 'gtk-config -cflags'

gcc: gtk-config -cflags: No existe el fichero o el directorio
In file included from /usr/include/gdk/gdktypes.h:33,
                 from /usr/include/gdk/gdk.h:31,
                 from /usr/include/gtk/gtk.h:31,
                 from test.c:1:
/usr/include/glib.h:66:24: glibconfig.h: No existe el fichero o el
directorio

Please help!! What am I doing wrong? I tried executing only
gtk-config --cflags and I get the correct output, as well as with
gtk-config --libs, what is wrong??

Thanks a lot,
Nicolas