using libgtk1.2-dbg package

 Hello,

 At least, I can trace the gtk source with ddd (thanks to all the ppl
that help me with this issue)

 the problem is that I was using `gnome-config --libs gnome gnomeui`
script... this script links with -lgtk, but you must use -lgtk_g, so, I
am using its output (replacing -lgtk to -lgtk_g) in my makefile. Also,
you must edit the gdb source search path (Edit->GDB Settings...)
pointing to your gtk source tree

 as a suggestion, it is a good idea if the script has something like
--debug that links the debug libraries

 thanks!

--
signed