Who can give some good means to me?

Hi:
  Does anyone know this question? I have a big pixmap,.First,I draw some line and rectangle  on big pixmap.I
would like zoom out this big pixmap.For keeping those drawing,I use function
gdk_imlib_create_image_from_drawable() to create a pixmap and draw it.I get a small pixmap. Afterward I zoom
in this samll pixmap to original size,I use gdk_imlib_create_image_from_drawable() too,this time,I get a big
pixmap,but distortion is very serious.That I would like to do is keeping a better quality after changing a
pixmap's size and this pixmap may be modify. Who can give some good means to me?

Thanks

Rings