Re: motion notify question

<pavel klebanov ne mediaone net> writes:

If my widget captures motion_notify and the mouse button is pressed and
the button moves out of the widget, motion_notify keeps firing. Why and is
there a way to disable it?

Of course I could easily test whether the mouse is inside the widget, but
still....

X automatically grabs the pointer while a mouse button is pressed, so
during a press gdk_pointer_grab() has effectively been called.
Among other things, this ensures that you always get a button release
event paired with your press event, which simplifies a lot of code.
So this may complicate your life now, but in other cases it won't. ;-)

Havoc