Re: motion notify question

If my widget captures motion_notify and the mouse button is pressed and
the button moves out of the widget, motion_notify keeps firing. Why and is
there a way to disable it?

Of course I could easily test whether the mouse is inside the widget, but
still....

Hi, I recall there is a way to check the `hint' on the motion notify
event, but as I recall Xlib has a rule of keep reporting MotionNotify
under that situation.

I recall using XUngrabPointer() for my own widget set I made a few years
ago. So for GTK I would use GDK's gdk_pointer_ungrab()...

I don't know if it will work but when you check that a
motion_notify event was recieved and the bounds are out side of the
widget or window then call gdk_pointer_ungrab(), hope that works! *G*

--
Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--