RE: draw signals

    Alan> Carlos, Thanks for your response.  I would love to forget about
    Alan> "draw" :-) However, I don't see how I can.  Everytime I uncover a
    Alan> portion of a window with a pixmap in it, I get an "expose_event"
    Alan> (which I use to refresh the screen) and a "draw" signal which
    Alan> repaints my pixmap and then refreshes the screen a second time.  The
    Alan> repainting of my pixmap seems unnecessary IMHO and is forcing me to
    Alan> allocate memory and attach data to every pixmap I use.  I would like
    Alan> to eliminate this redundancy so that I don't need to use up the
    Alan> extra memory and waste time doing the same thing twice.  Any ideas
    Alan> on how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated!

I think Carlos was saying that your expose event handler should draw the
pixmap and then update the screen from the pixmap.  Then you can ignore the
draw events.

Or does your code need to have these separate for some reason?
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab            Cinema, radio, television, magazines are a
New Mexico State University       school of inattention: people look without
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL             seeing, listen without hearing.
Las Cruces, NM  88003                            -- Robert Bresson