Re: GtkText 1.2.8 bug, report as of so far...

    Taura> I really can't make heads or tails out of it but the only thing I
    Taura> could figure out is that it will NOT cause GTK to crash under the
    Taura> following circumstance that I remove any gtk_main_iteration() calls
    Taura> between a gtk_text_freeze() and gtk_text_thaw().

Unless the structure of the code prohibits putting the progress bar update
outside the freeze/thaw, why not go with it?  It might be the case that there
are text widget events still in the event queue when you call
gtk_main_iteration().
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab            Cinema, radio, television, magazines are a
New Mexico State University       school of inattention: people look without
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL             seeing, listen without hearing.
Las Cruces, NM  88003                            -- Robert Bresson